The best place for security information!
Most people take vacation during the summer months. There is a lot to do before you travel and making sure your house is protected from intruders is an important item on that to-do list! Here are 5 helpful tips to protect your home while traveling.
1. No tell-tale signs. Stop the mail and newspaper delivery,or ask a neighbor to collect them daily.
2. Alert the police and your security alarm service. (Provide an emergency number (neighbor or relative)
3. Deter thieves with lights. Install motion detection lights around the house. Change bulbs before leaving if needed
4. Look like you’re home. Use timers to turn lights on and off on your usual schedule
5. Don’t advertise your vacation. We all like to brag about our vacations on social media but it’s best to save that news until you’ve returned. While you might think that…
View original post 14 more words