The best place for security information!
The recent deaths of three innocent people in a midwestern motel from carbon monoxide poisoning remind us of how important it is to have carbon monoxide detectors in our homes. The Consumer Product Safety Commission suggests several ways to prevent accidental carbon monoxide poisoning including:
* Properly install and inspect appliances by qualified, professionals and maintain them
* Install a carbon monoxide alarm that meets the requirements of the current UL 2034 safety standard
* Never use gas appliances such as ranges, ovens or clothes dryers to heat your home
* Never burn charcoal inside a home, vehicle or tent
* Keep fireplaces clean and well-vented
A brief internet search produced a list of many retailers offering carbon monoxide detectors for sale, priced from as little as $19, excluding the cost of installation. This is a small price to pay to insure your safety and that of your family.
View original post 59 more words