SOLD BY CATHY
Make your family safer, step-by-step
- Sound the Alarm: Install smoke detectors on every floor of your home and carbon monoxide detectors near sleeping areas. If already installed, test them! Tip: Replace the batteries every daylight-saving time change.
- Avoid Overload: Check for overloaded extension cords – usage should not exceed the recommended wattage.
- Don’t Get Tippy: If young children are in the home, bookshelves and other furniture should be firmly secured with wall brackets to prevent tipping.
- Paint Safe: Check walls for loose paint. If re-painting, do so in a well-ventilated area and consider VOC-free paint.
- Childproof, Childproof, Childproof: Check your local library or online for complete lists of childproofing suggestions. Areas of particular danger include outlets, appliances, electronics, stairs and windows.
- Cover Outlets: Cover all unused outlets to prevent children from sticking a finger in the socket.
- Watch Cord Placement: Extension cords should not be placed under rugs or heavy furniture…
View original post 254 more words