Winter storms and blizzards can create difficult conditions. It is important to be safe at home or road. Follow the safety checklists and always listen to any weather radio or watch local news to get more information on any warnings or advisories within your area.
Winter Safety Checklist:
To protect themselves when blizzards or snowstorms are forecast, residents should have a checklist of things
Weather Forecast Checklist
- Have a Battery-powered radio (for listening to local emergency instructions) and have extra batteries.
- National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) weather radio receiver (for listening to National Weather Service broadcasts). Check out www.nws.noaa.gov/nwr for more information.
- Listen or watch for emergency broadcasts in radio or in local TV channels. Check for winter snowstorm or blizzard warnings and alert at weather.com
Home Safety Quick Checklist:
- Fill bathtubs with water in case pipes freeze.
- Make sure windows and doors are tightly closed and anything movable…