Many lucky families are planning holiday trips to cure their winter blues. Here are some important things to remember if you leave your home for several days.
- Make sure to hold the mail and newspaper. If you can’t have someone pick it up every day, it’s a sure giveaway that nobody’s home and can be a green light for burglars.
- If possible, leave a key with someone you trust, preferably a neighbor and have them keep an eye on your home while you’re gone. Make sure to offer returning the favor and thank them with a gift when you return.
- Unplug all electronics that don’t need to used like the television, coffee maker, and home computers.
- Lower the temperature on your water heater.
- If you can, leave a car in the driveway and use timers to turn on outdoor and indoor lights to give the impression that someone is…